I came across a new concept a few weeks ago – making regular food in muffin pans. This is a great recipe for breakfast. It seems small, but it’s just enough to get me to eat a little something in the morning without being overly full (which is what usually happens if I stop at McDonald’s).
- 2 pieces bread
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces grated cheese
- 1/2 pound cooked and crumbled bacon or breakfast sausage
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 12 foil muffin cups into a muffin baking pan (the original recipe says not to use regular paper ones.) – or spray all cups thoroughly with Pam.
- Cut bread into 1/2 inch squares and evenly distribute between the muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl or large measuring cup that has a pour spout, thoroughly whisk together eggs and milk (adding salt and pepper if desired).
- Evenly distribute egg mixture into each muffin cup.
- Sprinkle an even amount of cheese and meat into each cup on top of the egg mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Can eat fresh or freeze for another day (reheats well in about 30-45 seconds in the microwave).
These freeze really well! Makes it really easy to set up a few pans on a weekend, freeze each individual serving, and then snag out of the freezer on the way to work in the morning. One of my favorite finds so far.