Last of the muffin pan adventures for now – mini chicken pies. This was another intended lunch item. They reheat pretty well, but I’m sure they would be much better straight from the oven!
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup frozen mixed veggies
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 10-ounce cans Pillsbury biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream of chicken soup, frozen veggies, cheese, herbs, and spices.
- Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin and place the biscuits into each cup, pressing into the bottom and up the sides.
- Evenly spoon the chicken mixture into each biscuit cup.
- Bake for about 12 minutes.
- One thing I might try differently next time would be to use half a biscuit in each cup – the ratio of the chicken mixture to the biscuit wasn’t quite right. I think a thinner biscuit shell would work better! It probably depends on the style of biscuit also.