Moving on with the muffin pan trend….muffin pan tacos!
- 1 pound ground hamburger
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 large jalapeno, diced
- 3/4 cup water
- taco seasoning mix
- 12 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- shredded lettuce, tomato, and sour cream or salsa for topping
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook ground beef thoroughly, drain, and return to a clean skillet.
- Add onion and jalapeno pepper and cook thoroughly.
- Blend in the seasoning mix and toss to coat.
- Add water and heat on high, reduce and let simmer on medium/low for about 10 minutes (stirring occasionally).
- Cut 4-inch diameter circles out of the flour tortillas (I bought a 4-inch round cookie cutter for 59 cents at the local kitchenware store).
- Wrap circles (3-4 at a time) in a wet paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds to soften.
- Mold the circles in a lightly greased muffin tin.
- Add a layer of shredded cheese in the bottom, then approximately 2 tablespoons of the meat mixture, then top with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- When done, add toppings and eat!
- These would taste better fresh vs. being reheated – originally I was hoping to use these for lunches, but they are definitely better crispy out of the oven!
- If you are clever you can squeak two four-inch circles out of most tortillas. It was suggested to make chips out of the remnants – I didn’t try that but it sounds like a good idea!