I’ve been waiting for a few months to finish off my box of real Bisquick so that I could try the homemade version that I found.
- 5 cups flour
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- Mix together flour, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Store in an airtight container for up to six weeks, or in the freezer for longer storage.
- Substitute for Bisquick in any recipe.
- I made the batch in this picture using King Arthur’s White Whole Wheat Flour.
- I also made a batch previously using regular plain white flour.
- While the whole wheat flour does taste good, the while flour version definitely tastes more like real Bisquick.
- I hate cutting butter into anything by hand – you can make this recipe much easier by cutting the butter into small pieces and then mixing everything together in a food processor.