Tonight I was able to officially eliminate another store-bought side dish mix from my cupboard….homemade Stove Top.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon dried chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Mix all ingredients above (can create multiple batches at one time to store away for later use).
- When ready to cook, add one batch of mix to 1 1/4 cups of water, along with 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for five minutes.
- Add four cups of dried bread cubes, and cook for 1-2 minutes until water is absorbed.
- Cover, remove from heat, and let stand for five minutes before serving.
- Tastes very much like the real thing! Easy to prepare ahead, and also easy to make your own dried bread cubes (just slice up some bread into 1/2 inch cubes and throw into the dehydrator for about an hour and a half…great way to use up bread that is about to go bad!).