I have been wanting to try this recipe for a very long time, in fact even before I bought my dehydrator (which was my first stumbling block!). Credit goes to http://nouveauraw.com/bars/peanut-butter-raisin-bars/ for this tasty treat.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup sliced raw almonds
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups peanut butter
- 1/4 cup medjool dates (5 large)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey (or agave)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Soak oats in 6 cups water + 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar overnight.
- When ready to prepare, drain and rinse the oats until water runs clear.
- Combine oats and remaining dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a food processor, combine wet ingredients and process until well incorporated.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients until oat mixture is evenly coated (best to use your hands).
- Spread batter in desired style pan lined with parchment paper.
- Pack into pan firmly.
- Freeze for one hour to make it easier to slice.
- Cut into desired shapes and sizes.
- Place on dehydrator sheets and dry for 16-24 hours.
- Most importantly – maybe my little food processor just wasn’t up to snuff, but there is no way you can mix those ingredients in there! I ended up with a sticky, unmixed mess. The blades wouldn’t even spin. I dug it all out and try to chop up the dates as small as possible and mix it all by hand. Worked ok.
- I started dehydrating these around lunchtime and left them in overnight – so, probably about 20-21 hours.
- I was not disappointed after my long wait to make these – I think they are delicious! Almost a little crunchy/dry when you first bite into it, but as you chew it the peanut butter flavor really comes out. Very tasty and full of so many good things. I’m sure there will be a remake of this in my future.