Another experiment with the homemade wild bird snacks.
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 cups wild birdseed
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix together the grated carrots and birdseed in a medium-sized bowl.
- Sprinkle the cayenne over the seed mix and stir.
- Serve in any tray, hopper, or tube feeder.
- This wasn’t our biggest hit ever. Someone definitely ate some of it after we put it out – but the only one I could actually spot eating it was the mourning dove. I’m thinking that this may be better in the summer too. I’ll give it one more try once it gets warmer out before shelving it completely.