Wish I had a better picture, because this one just does not do the recipe justice. Asparagus has never been a favorite veggie, but I ate these tonight until I was almost sick to my stomach! Very tasty – credit to http://www.howsweeteats.com/2011/03/crispy-parmesan-asparagus-sticks/.
- 1 bunch of asparagus (about 30 spears)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lay a wire rack on a baking sheet.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus spears.
- Put egg whites in one shallow dish, and flour/panko/cheese mixture in another.
- Coat each asparagus spear in egg white, then cover with the panko mixture.
- Lay each spear on the wire rack.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
- As I said above – delicious! Tough to eat politely. We ended up picking them up to eat like french fries I’m sure you could be polite and cut them in half.