I’ve been wanting to find a tasty recipe for some sort of banana/peanut butter concoction for a while. Found one on Pinterest, thanks to www.prepaheadanddinein.com. Since I ate a full breakfast today, I decided to try this as my lunch. It’s very tasty, filling, and good for you!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon of nut butter
- 1/4 cup uncooked, dry oatmeal
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-2 ice cubes, optional
- Blend all ingredients and serve cold.
- A note to all the dummies out there (like myself) who have heard all about freezing bananas for various recipes and never really thought about it….take the peel off before you freeze it 🙂 Yes, it’s possible to get it off if you freeze it with the peel (I just proved it) but it’s a real pain.
- My blender may be sub-par, but this concoction didn’t really blend so good in there. I ended up getting my handheld immersion blender to finish the job.
- I used natural peanut butter from my local market. It’s a little less sweet than standard peanut butter but very tasty.
- I used almond milk instead of regular milk (just because it’s what I had).
- I did not use any ice cubes. The frozen banana made it cold enough. Maybe in summer that would be a good treat.
- I’m sure you can vary this recipe in a lot of ways – type of nut butter, type of milk, add a little honey to make it sweeter….whatever sounds good to you!