Decided to try something new from my For the Birds cookbook this weekend. I needed something simple because my body doesn’t seem to get along with daylight savings time well!
- 1 cup wild birdseed
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup melted suet
- 2 teaspoons sand (for grit)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix together thoroughly. Serve on a tray feeder.
- I used lard instead of suet, since I didn’t have any plain suet available. From what I can research it doesn’t really seem to matter to the birds.
- I also eliminated the sand since I didn’t have any on hand. It would have been nice, I know the grit is good for them. Maybe next time.
- Very easy to make, I sprinkled a bunch out on the ground under my feeders and the birds were all over it.