I saw a post on Pinterest about do-it-yourself brownie mix. I’m not big on brownies, but Bob enjoys them from time to time. The recipe said it cost 30 cents per batch to make and I had everything on hand, so we gave it a try.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix, pour into an 8 x 8 baking pan, bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- You can pre-package batches of this ahead of time by just putting the dry ingredients in a bag/container.
- I added a third egg for the more cakey brownie version (I do this with bought brownie box mix also).
- I would say definitely 25 minutes in the oven, if not 30.
- Other than that – I wouldn’t have known the difference from a pre-made brownie mix. Worked the same way, tastes the same. Easy!