I swore once before that I would stop trying to find ways to make snackable chips in the dehydrator but I apparently can’t help myself lol. These were actually better than most but I’m still not convinced. Found the original recipe at www.frugalfreebiesanddeals.com.
- 1 pound (about 4 cups) thin sliced zucchini
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- In a medium bowl whisk salt, pepper, olive oil, and vinegar.
- Add sliced zucchini.
- Toss with the “dressing” to coat.
- Arrange slices on dehydrator trays.
- Dehydrate 5-6 hours or until crispy.
- So I ate one, thought about it, and actually ate a second one before I decided that these weren’t that great. Guess it was better than the great potato chip experiment in which I actually spit the first chip out! They aren’t bad, they were definitely crunchy, the taste just didn’t do it for me. So I would say that this isn’t a recipe that you should completely avoid – it may just be a matter of personal taste.
- I would definitely recommend using a mandolin or similar type of slicer, I used the thinnest setting on mine. I can imagine that if you sliced the zucchini by hand that it would be very difficult to dry out completely.