So this recipe sounded way too good to be true. And….it absolutely was. I got the idea from www.growitkilliteatit.com. Sorry but this was a no go for us!!
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 1 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
- Mix ingredients together.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, scoop dough into 16 equal portions and press each with a fork to flatten.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- It sounded great, was fun to mix up, smelled good….
- Then I got them out of the oven. They seemed sort of soft when I pulled them out but I thought a lot of cookies are like that, and maybe they would harden up as they cooled. The bottoms were getting brown so I couldn’t really leave them in any longer without burning them.
- Well, Bob took the first one out of the bag this morning. NOT good. The consistency was awful. You could literally bounce them off the floor (he demonstrated several times lol). The taste was very bland also, Bob described it as “biting into an eraser”.
- So….definitely won’t try this one again!