One of my salty snack weaknesses is honey mustard pretzels. I’m not sure if Snyder’s exists outside of Berks County but their honey mustard pretzels pieces are my favorite. But, the usual story – trying to avoid the high sodium and fake ingredients. I found a recipe for a homemade version. Thanks cdkitchen.com!
- 2 pounds hard sourdough pretzels
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup honey or more to taste
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a large bowl, break pretzels into bite sized pieces.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the mustard mix over the pretzels and stir well, coating all pieces.
- Spread pretzels onto a large jelly roll pan or roasting pan.
- Bake for two hours, stirring occasionally.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
- These are VERY tasty, I only made them a few hours ago and I’ve had a small bowl for a snack already.
- I had about a half pound bag of pretzels so I quartered the recipe. It fit nicely into a single layer on my cookie sheet.
- I substituted olive oil for the vegetable oil.
- I used yellow mustard (although the original recipe says you can substitute spicy brown).
- I used “snaps” instead of sourdough pretzels, I like them better. I would be curious to try the sourdough also, but these came out just fine. The only possible flaw is all the little holes in the pretzels made it easy for some to get extra gooey while mixing, it was hard to get mix spread evenly. Still tastes just fine 🙂