I really don’t like oatmeal very much, but I just can’t seem to stop trying recipes to see if I can find that one magic one that tastes good to me! Thanks to mywholefoodlife.com for this recipe.
- 1/2 cup steel cut or rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon flax meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup milk (depending on how thick or thin you like your oatmeal)
- Put all ingredients in a half pint mason jar and mix well.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Eat cold or heat if desired.
- Well, it was hands-down better than any packet of store-bought apple cinnamon oatmeal that I’ve had.
- I used 1/2 steel cut oats and 1/2 rolled oats. The original recipe said that the steel cut oats would stay crunchy/chewy and the rolled wouldn’t. I think if I made it again I would do all rolled oats. The chewy thing wasn’t doing it for me.
- I think a normal, oatmeal-loving person would really enjoy this!