There aren’t many desserts that I really enjoy, but chocolate cupcakes is one of them. As usual, very picky….only my family’s cupcake recipe is really acceptable! I have been making these for many years, they are a piece of cake to make (hahaha), and I think they taste better than any other chocolate cake that I’ve had.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup black coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add eggs and liquids and stir until batter is smooth (batter will be thin).
- Pour into a well greased pan or lined cupcake pans.
- Bake approximately 30-35 minutes for cake or 20 minutes for cupcakes (until toothpick comes out clean).
- This recipe makes either one large cake (i.e. slightly more than 9×13 pan can hold), two smaller round cakes (to make a two-layered cake), or about 30 cupcakes (I do tend to not overfill my cupcake pans so they are small cupcakes, if you like to really pile yours high you will get a few less).
- The coffee is what makes the cake so moist, but don’t worry if you aren’t a coffee lover, I guarantee you can’t taste it at all.
- These go great with some homemade cream cheese icing!