I got this recipe from a friend of mine (thank you Linda Zerbe!) and it one of those great meals that you start cooking and walk away from. Amazingly simple to put together and it tastes wonderful.
- Sausage (recommend either a country or a mild sausage as the end result will be a little sweet)
- Apple cider
- Put sausage in a pan/skillet (recommend the smallest pan you can fit the sausage into in a single layer).
- Cover sausage with cider.
- Place lid on pan and cook on medium to medium low for approximately 1 hour, or until cider has mostly evaporated and begins to caramelize.
- Seriously, that’s it. It will be the most tender and flavorful sausage you’ve ever had.
- I like to watch the sausage at the end and make sure I flip it over and get both sides good and gooey and browned, but it’s not a requirement.