When you don’t feel well, this is an excellent and simple comfort food to make. My mommom taught me the recipe.
- 1/4 cup uncooked acini di pepe (small italian pasta)
- 1 egg
- Boil water and cook pasta according to instructions on box; drain.
- Return pasta to pan.
- Add butter (just enough to coat, a tablespoon at most) and turn heat back on to medium-high.
- Crack egg into pan and immediately stir into pasta.
- Continue stirring as egg will cook quickly, until egg is cooked through.
- You can add salt/pepper to this if needed; I think the butter adds enough salt to the mix.
- The proportions above are for a single serving.
- Not only is it good comfort food when you’re sick just by itself, but it is also a good quick side dish.